Friday, September 11, 2009

Independent?!

I know the plans I have for you, declares the
Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm
you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

With a promise like that, why do we always insist on being independent in this life? Why is it so hard to give control to God, grow in Him and pursue a relationship with the one who loves us unconditionally and only wants us to succeed? Why is it so hard for us to accept the love He offers and to accept all the gifts He wants us to have?
I know that I have struggled with this so many times. It doesn't make sense, because when I start my day with prayer and by giving my life and all of my problems to Him, it always turns out better. I find that I have more patience with my incredible boys and am able to enjoy them so much more. I am more at peace with my life and think clearer. Life is so much easier when I don't insist on doing it on my own. What an incredible, awesome thing to be loved so much by one who is so much bigger than we can fathom! Life is better with God! Why deny it, when all He wants is to be with us? So simple, yet so hard to do!

No comments: