Thursday, December 20, 2007

My Rant!

My youngest son is already 5 days old! The month prior to his arrival was very challenging, but it is definitely worth it. I hope I never have to go through what I did in the month prior to his delivery. I was on activity restrictions for 3 weeks, and strict bedrest for a week and had to tolerate some pretty challenging situations. I am thankful for my independence. I learned just how hard it is to be physically dependent on somebody else to do day-to-day tasks for you, especially when they don't follow through for you. I always thought I was pretty understanding when it came to things like this, but I now know just how hard it is to have to ask people to do things for you, and then to have them joke about having to do stuff for you. It isn't funny. It is hard enough to ask! The other hard thing is to watch your house fall apart and become a total mess while you are not supposed to do anything about it--that drove me beyond crazy! I am thankful that is all over, and I am back to being able to do things for myself!! It is crazy, but I am thankful to be able to clean my own house, and do my own dishes & laundry!!! Life is good!

2 comments:

Deeniemick's Domain said...

Hey Congrats!!! I have so been there done that!!! I feel your pain!! Pouring a bowl of cereal alone is something I took for granted until I couldn't! Glad it is over for ya!

Dawn Allenbach said...

I have been checking your blog nearly every day, anxiously awaiting news of the new arrival. So happy you're both doing well. How's Jaxon like having a little brother?

Now you know what I go through day in and day out. Fortunately, I currently have an amzing group of PCAs about whom I do not have to worry.

Will you be posting Bradyn pictures soon?