Friday, June 06, 2008

Blog About Me and blogging

I talk incessantly, but when I start a new entry on my blog, it just doesn't flow. I feel like I need to express myself better on here, and spend less time talking! I jabber about all kinds of thing, but don't ever have anything to blog about.

Topic Number #1 I have recenly lost quite a bit of weight. I went from a 14 to an 8. You would think that would be a good thing, but when I look in the mirror, the belly fat is still there and the thighs are still thick. It is frustrating to know I look better, but to not yet be satisfied. I still need to lose at least 20 more to look good. I hate the belly fat from the babies and my thighs must go away! Having such huge goals are hard, because when you get to the half way point and don't really like where you are, but want to enjoy a little food and treats. Treats & junk food are not going go help me lose that last 20 pounds, so I am stuck and afraid I will go up instead of down, which is where I want to go.

Topic Number #2 I never have adult interactions, because I live in the middle of nowhere, have a husband who works late, and my job is taking care of kids. This is a problem, why? Because when I do get around adults, I tend to TALK nonstop like I used to do as a kid, I realized tonight that I have been doing this all day, and it has to get annoying! For me, I want to be able to fit in all the interaction I can while I am in a position to do so, but I know it gets ridiculous. Maybe tomorrow, I can control myself a little better and STOP the talking! Listening never hurt anybody, and I could learn a lot by listening!! I'm going to have to try it. It doesn't lessen the quality of the time I am spending with my friend, and actually letting her talk a little more and not constantly talking about things that aren't really topics to discuss at length might not be so bad!! I just need to make the effort to keep quiet and listen to her. I need to stop sharing every cute thing Jaxon has done. I am the only one who truly appreciates his every action and change. Well, not the only one-his Daddy loves it too. I need to remember to keep that stuff for Daddy and not bore the rest of the world with every little cute Jaxon story!

Topic #3 I love traveling and doing fun things, but I am really missing home & brady. I am usually the worst home body, so I think that this is a huge leap for me. In all honesty, I get a little nervous before I leave town for the weekend and want to cancel. I am most comfortable when I am at home, and I tend to be a bit reclusive, and stay home with my boys (all 3 of them). After this crazy month of traveling to Wyoming over memorial day, then spending the whole next weekend at Brady's mom's house, and to Wichita this weekend and to Omaha next weekend, I am going to be ready to hide out at home and not see anybody but Brady,Jaxon and Bradyn. I love to spend time at home with just us, and after being gone for so long, I really miss it!! I am going to work really hard to get all my housework done after I get back from Omaha, so that my 4 days off of work the next week will be spend playing with the boys, gardening, and taking afternoon naps together, and hanging out with Brady at night. Those are the days I truly love. Only one more trip, and we can appreciate the monotony of our lives. I guess it takes some travel & homesickness to really appreciate the small stuff!

1 comment:

Dawn Allenbach said...

You appreciated it before, but you're more aware of it now.