Thursday, August 28, 2008

Insomnia

It is past midnight, and I can't sleep . . . despite the fact that I had to get up at 3:45 this morning (technically yesterday morning). I got a rather disturbing e-mail from my husbands step-father accusing Brady & I of harassing and intimidating his mother and treating her like the "dirt under our feet".

I am shocked, and greatly disturbed. I don't know what to say. As we ride along the path of life, we are handed life lessons and the lessons I learn through the relationship with my mother-in-law are forgiveness and letting things go. I have let so many things go and forgiven so many wrongs against me that I have lost count. I'm not saying I am perfect, because I lose my cool with her on occasion, and get frustrated with her. If you know her, you know what I am talking about. But, intimidate . . . NOT! Harass--no way! I do what I can to keep the peace, because she is my husbands Mother and he loves her. She is the grandmother of my children and they adore her. She has her problems, but I have learned to love her, despite her flaws. This is a relationship that I have struggled with, but have learned a lot about working hard to harmonize because it is the right thing to do. And what do I get for this . . . I am being accused of harassment and intimidation! Signing off . . . deeply disturbed!!!

1 comment:

Dawn Allenbach said...

It's such a fine line to walk, it seems. I hope you can work it out BEFORE the boys are adults.