Wednesday, January 23, 2008

One Year Today

I didn't have any idea that it was one year ago today that I had to send Benny to the Rainbow Bridge! I was thinking about him this evening, and decided to check the archives of my blog to find out exactly when we had to put him to sleep. I was shocked to find out that it was today. It is ironic that the first time I checked on the date, it just happened to be the one year anniversary of his death. I miss you Benny & love you tons!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


Benny's Journey
Benny, I can sense that you're weary;
Grown tired of pain and strife.
And I'm certain as stars in the Heavens-
That you've come to the crossroads of life.

Benny, you must know that I love you...
And this moment for me is so hard.
But I swear to let go of you gently;
As I offer this prayer up to God:

Dearest Lord, you will see that he's fragile;
But so charming if given a chance.
He will follow your steps like a shadow-
And he doesn't just walk... he will PRANCE!

He has never been much for playing;
Maybe a game of tag now and then.
Yet he will curl up next to you in a heartbeat-
And beg for table scraps, that’s my Ben-Ben!

This little Dog is as tough as they come;
but I know he is scared & feeling alone.
Please pick him up and hold him tight,And let him know that I’m all right!

No comments: